About Fashion Design
Fashion design fosters students creating their own textiles with natural dyes, and designing and constructing their own original garments. Our young designers learn the basics and move on to advanced techniques as they develop their own fashion line. Our young fashion designers have modeled their creations on the runways of SOMArts, the Children’s Creativity Museum, and community events. Their work and other visual artwork from our young artists can be found for sale in our YAX store.
- Youth Art Exchange x Betabrand, 2016: The YAX Fashion Class pulled together personal market research and interviews with teenagers from all over the city to discover the true needs of a San Francisco high school student- a minimal backpack that won’t hit people on Muni and can also carry everything a creative kid needs. This design is a culmination of all of our ten students working collaboratively to create a backpack to end all backpacks. Visit their page, read more about the design and process.
- Annual fashion shows are at Spring Showcase and the San Francisco Youth Arts Summit
- Design your own prom dress and fashion show, Spring Block Party 2015
- 2015 Fashion and Print collaboration
- Spring Line Fashion Show, Children’s Creativity Museum, 2014
- Photo + Print + Architecture + Fashion Exhibit, Children’s Creativity Museum, 2014
Francesca Mateo | Fashion Design
Bio coming soon!
Contact: francesca at youthartexchange dot org | Website: https://empireintheair.com/