Design/build projects are at the core of Youth Art Exchange’s Architecture + Public Art discipline, one of our flagship program offerings. For these project, students are led by our faculty through designing, modeling, presenting to community and design panels, and finally building. From architectural sketches to drills and hammers, our students really are the designers and builders.
We’ve worked throughout the city, working with partners in the Mission, Excelsior, OMI, and Portola neighborhoods. We even have some new projects in the works for Bayview and Hayes Valley.
Notable projects include:
Project galleries coming soon!
- Persia Triangle Street Furniture Design/Build, 2014-2015
- Ocean Avenue Parklet Design/Build, 2014
- Portola Waste Bins Design/Build, 2014
- Carnival Float Design/Build, 2012
- Mama Arts Café Parklet Design/Build, 2012
- Temporary Interactive Installation at the Persia Triangle, 2013
- Temporary Interactive Installation at Asterisk Gallery, 2013
- Mural on El Corazón Furniture on Mission, 2011
- Cultural Mosiacs of different communities in Excelsior Geneva and Mission, 2010