Summer Architecture 2016 Online Internship Application
Students interested in Architecture: get paid to help build a public art project/Living Innovation Zone at the Asian Art Museum and San Francisco Public Library! Find out more and download the application here. Applications are due May 16, with interviews on Thursday, May 19. Interns are awarded a $425 stipend upon completion.
Do you want to make an impact in your city? Design and build a Living Innovation Zone for the Asian Art Museum and San Francisco Public Library!
In this internship you will get paid to learn fundamental design and building skills and use them to create a Living Innovation Zone (LIZ), a small architectural project that explores new ways to occupy public space: encouraging people to linger and play, facilitating interaction, and improving our city.
Our LIZ will provide a public art gallery and play space for kids who are visiting the Asian Art Museum and the Public Library. During this program, you will work with artist, architects, city planners and community members to develop and refine the LIZ design, learning how to design like an architect in the process. Once our design is complete, you will learn how to use professional carpentry tools to build it and install it on Fulton Street in front of City Hall.
Faculty Architect: Craig Hollow
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 17 and attend public high school in San Francisco. (We will accept exiting 12th grade applications. However, we will not accept rising 9th grade applications).
- Ideal candidates are focused, community engaged and artistically inclined. YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL WORKDAYS: Tuesday, July 5th – Thursday, July 29th, 2016, Monday – Friday, 10AM-4PM
- All students are eligible to apply, but priority will be given to students who have previously participated in a Youth Art Exchange class or internship.
How to Apply:
- To apply to this internship, you must submit a written application. Applications are due to the Youth Art Exchange office no later than Monday, May 16th.
- All candidates must also attend a Group Interview on Thursday, May 19th (4:00-5:00 PM at Youth Art Exchange).
- All accepted candidates will be notified by Monday, May 23rd .
- Acceptance to this internship is based both on your written application and your interview. If you prefer to apply with a paper application, please download here, pick up an application at our office at 29 Howth Street, or apply online at the form below.