Ready to celebrate Spring with a day of art, games, performances, movies, food, and community? Here’s a little taste of what we have in store at the Howth St. Block Party:
- Get your hands dirty with alternative printmaking, hosted by YAX’s Printmaking and Photography students
- Choose from a huge collection of clothes then learn how to customize them with YAX’s Fashion Design students
- Try your hand at digital beatmaking with YAX’s Digibeats students
- Up your selfie game at the YAX photobooth, hosted YAX’s Photography students
- Build a skyscraper, then crash and destroy it (!!) with YAX Architecture students
- Add your voice to a digital storytelling film project with YAX’s Filmmaking students
- Pick up some art and YAX swag at the YAX store
- Lick-Wilmerding High School students will host a graffiti art salon, henna station, facepainting for everyone, balloon animals, a multi-media art station, and t-shirt making.
- Enjoy live music, DJs, and performances
- Run wild in our kids zone and bouncy house
- Grab lunch or dinner and dessert from El Tonayense and Johnny Doughnuts food trucks, plus cotton candy and popcorn at the concession stand
- Settle down for a movie from 5 – 7PM
The Howth St. Block Party is FREE, open to all, and will happen rain or shine! In case of rain, activities will take place in the Lick-Wilmerding High School auditorium.
Join Youth Art Exchange, Lick-Wilmerding High School, our young artists, and our community from the Excelsior, Ocean View, Merced Heights, and Ingleside neighborhoods!
SATURDAY, MARCH 25
Block Party 2–5PM | Community Movie Night 5–7PM
Howth Street between Geneva and Ocean Avenues, one block from Balboa Park BART