Today is the first day of YAX’s Fall semester! We’ll be welcoming 100+ new and returning students into Architecture, Black + White Photography, Digital Beatmaking, Fashion Design, Filmmaking, and Printmaking. Catch Youth Art Exchange, youth, and their work around San Francisco at these events:
- September 12, 4–6PM | Orientation Day for students in Fall 2016 classes, at Youth Art Exchange: 29 Howth St.
- September 19, 1–2:30PM | The 6th Annual San Francisco Youth Arts Summit will take place on December 3, 2016! Participating schools and organizations are invited to confirm their registration and join us for a planning meeting, at Youth Art Exchange: 29 Howth St. Email Raffaella@youthartexchange.org for more information.
- September 20, 6PM | YAX and the Portola Neighborhood Association collaborated on the design of a large-scale outdoor photography gallery, exhibited within a mural by artist Nico Berry. YAX photography students explored community and identity in the production of their work. Join us for the unveiling at Thornton and San Bruno.
- Now through September 30 | See DOGS!, a collection of work by YAX’s Photography instructor, Mario Casillas, on display at Black Spring Coffee: 2930 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland
- October 6 – 8 | Through a partnership with Youth Art Exchange and Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, students from the Design & Architecture Internship will showcase a public art project alongside 40+ prototypes at the Market Street Prototyping Festival.
- October 7 – November 5 | SOMArts’ annual Día de los Muertos exhibition, A Promise Not to Forget, will feature an installation that honors the victims of Orlando’s Pulse nightclub shooting by Lex Non Scripta, YAX’s Marketing and Communications Coordinator. Join us at the opening night party on October 7, 6–9PM at SOMArts, 934 Brannan St.
- December 3 | Save the date for WE HAVE A VOICE: The 6th Annual San Francisco Youth Arts Summit, presented by Youth Art Exchange. Details TBA.